[BlueDanube] A bit too harsh with the rhetoric, I'd say.

 

 
I suppose some of you did hear/read something about USA's Agencies (Corporations) enacting rules and censorship - so-called SOPA and PIPA repressive acts - outside the American borders: they still think themselves as world owners and masters! Please, sign as I did and Great Tuna too.
Thanks, Dedé from italy
```````````````````````````
As a proud citizen of The United States of America, I take offense at the above, inaccurate generalized statement.
It is true that there are some in my Country who seem to think that way.  For their own selfish reasons.
I am not one of them.  In fact, I fight them on a daily basis. 
Blanket, inflammatory statements of condemnation do NOT help anyone! I fully realize that criticizing the USA is a popular "sport" and idle pastime to many. In Europe especially. Frankly, most of the time, I find it rather amusing...considering the sources of such "righteous outrage."
I remind you of an admonition from Jesus, The Christ: "Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone."
Such people and actions, as you refer to, are not limited to my Country alone.  Your Country (Italy) certainly has its share of such people and institutions. More than its fair share, I venture to say, based on the actions of your politicians and government.
The presence of  "dark forces" is evidenced each and every nation represented by the members of this Group.
I accept the faults of my Country, and do my best to correct them through our political processes. 
Please task yourself with doing the same for yourself and your Country. 
Stop trying to sound so high and mighty since that little "high horse" upon which you sit is very diminutive indeed.
By the way, here in the USA, SOPA and PIPA have been stopped in their tracks, thanks to the work of thousands of American people like me.  Do you have that much influence over your Italian Government and Corporate Interests?
If it is of any interest to you, I also signed the petition you posted because I too want an Internet that is free of undue influence from both Governments and Corporate Interests. 
Sadly, many countries already have outright government censorship...to protect themselves from scrutiny. 
That you cannot blame on we "arrogant Americans."
All of this is "conversation" is delving deeply into politics,  but it was you who brought it to this Group, not I! 
Frankly, I am surprised that your inflammatory statement was allowed by Tuna. I'm sure she has her reasons. 
I have all the confidence in the world that she will allow this, my reply.
Normally I would have replied to you privately, but since you attacked both me and my people in this Group setting, this is where my reply belongs.
Jim
USA
 
Group owner's not:
Dear Jim,
You know me for a long time..I never delete if there is any opposite  reply on any subject..But adding this i never allow  to continue such discussions in the group..
In my country, our government also applies censorship on many web sites..It means they take my commnunication right from me ..
I am also opposed all kinds of cencorships..
Why i approved this mail, before taking this action i also asked my daughter about this subject who is working as IT at a big holding..
I am sure Dedé has no problem with you or with the citizens of the USA but has problem with the cencorship.. Please don't take it personal..
TO ME, cencorship is such a bad application we have to oppose..
Best regards,
Tuna
 
 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
GROUP OWNER: TUNA tunaysem@gmail.com

GROUP MODERATORS:NILGUN & AYLAK

Related link:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4_mevsim

PLEASE POST YOUR MAILS IN ENGLISH SO WE ALL CAN READ THEM,
MOST OF US IN THE GROUP ONLY KNOW ENGLISH.
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment